Monday, January 4, 2010

Never Say Never...

I can still hear them in my head... the countless individuals who told us "it never snows in London." One sweet grounds keeper at a local park told us how when he was a kid outer London would get a few feet every winter but 'nothing' like that has happened in years and years. And then the sound of the pilot in October 2008 saying it was snowing in London as we sat on the Atlanta tarmac. Of course, there was also the Great Blizzard of 2009 that brought London to a full stop. As the snow flakes started to fall a little over 3 weeks ago, the day before our scheduled departure to sunny Florida, all those silly voices filled my head and had me near tears... London doesn't do snow well and I was having visions of cancelled flights. Luckily, it all worked out and we had a great holiday (minus my horrible cold and the 3 hour delay on the return flight).
Which brings us to today and the weather forecast for the next few days... snow.
And cold.

No comments: