Saturday, September 20, 2008

Chicago

Chris and I went to Chicago last weekend to visit our friend, Michelle. And Chris also ran the Banco Popular Chicago Half Marathon... say that three times fast! We had an amazing time despite the rain. Yes, it rained... and rained and rained and... well you get the point. Chicago and surrounding areas had severe flooding but we managed to take a trolley tour, walk the streets, go to one of the greatest beer bars in America (that is questionable) and run/watch a half marathon! I took some pics while we were there and also of Chris's race so I thought these might keep everyone busy for at least... 30 seconds ; ) Enjoy!

This is me and Michelle at Navy Pier. Chris had to pick up his bib number and other goodies on Saturday so we spent some time (in between rain showers) along the lake.









Doesn't Chris look cute with his girly umbrella. We met a girl on the street that had a matching one and she took a picture with Chris... How sweet : )
Here are Michelle and Chris showing off their wet pants.... we were soaked by the end of the day.

Clearly, there is no caption necessary for this lovely picture of me enjoying an enormous Hershey's bar.


Finally, Chris, Michelle and I got up at 5:45 am to make our way down to South Chicago where Chris had some serious work to do.... and yes, it was still raining!













The picture on the right was taken just after I yelled "That's my husband!" He was about 20 yards from the finish line at this point and the rain was still falling! I wish I had pics of Michelle and I out in the rain cheering on Chris and his fellow runners... I do have pics of our handy, dandy, no-run, stick-on, bubble letter signs...




All in all it was a great weekend. I don't think we will ever be able to repay Michelle for her hospitality and willingness to chauffeur us all over town in the pouring rain! I definitely owe her for standing on the side of the road holding these silly signs! Thanks Michelle!!!

1 comment:

Vim said...

Standing in the rain--that's love. For reals.