Monday, February 2, 2009

It NEVER snows in London...

I beg to differ! As a matter of fact, as I sit on my couch in warm pajamas writing this... it is snowing! We went in to the BBQ restaurant to watch the super bowl around 10 pm last night and when I left around 1:30 am... there were 5+ inches of snow on the ground. As I walked home I was laughing and giggling like a school girl. It was snowing so hard that I had to shield my eyes! Even though it was 1:30 in the morning, there were people out everywhere playing in the snow. There was a group of about 10 people have a snowball fight across Queensway! I past 4 cars (on a normally busy road) and they were all struggling. I suddenly became very grateful that I don't own a car or have a need to drive anywhere!

When Chris woke up this morning to go to work, he took one look out the window and got back in bed! We have about a foot of snow... maybe more... and it isn't done yet! All the buses are suspended, half the tube lines are closed, over ground rail services are suspended, several roads are closed due to accidents, all flights into London are closed... what I am trying to say is that the city has come to stand still! I haven't checked yet but if London is anything like Atlanta, there will be not bottled water, bread or milk at any of the markets!

Chris and I took the slippery walk to Hyde Park and played in the snow. Enjoy the pictures...

Queens Gardens

Bikes at the end of our street... don't think anyone is going out for a ride today!

Our first glimpse of Hyde Park... now this is what I call a Winter Wonderland!

I think most of London had the same idea we had about playing in the snow in Hyde Park. Lucky for us we found some fresh powder...
and I fulfilled a long standing dream!


SNOW ANGEL!!!

The best snow angel, EVER. However, I may be slightly biased ; )




Chris was charting unknown territory... making his own tracks. Too bad you can't see his face because he was grinning from ear to ear at this point in our adventure!


Remember the Italian Fountains?
Looked a little different this morning... I think I may have pictures of the fountains in all 4 seasons at this point!



Woo Hoo!!! Snow!!!
We are standing at the south end of the Italian Fountains with the Serpentine behind us.

No comments: