Sunday, June 7, 2009

So much to say...

I have been absolutely terrible at updating the blog over the last month or two. I have a million excuses as to why I have been neglecting my blogging duties. However, in the end they are really just excuses! I have never denied that I am a wee bit lazy ;-) The problem we now face is where to start with the update?!? How about we take a walk around the Marble Arch area?

A few weeks ago I picked up a book of walking tours around London. I found a company that offers guided tours around London for about 8 to 10 GBP a person. However, the book was only 8 quid and includes 12 different tours! A bargain... at least I thought it was when I bought it. As it turns out the tours are pretty bad and lack in the entertainment arena. Now, I know what you are all thinking... "Didn't you read the tours before you bought the book?" Yes. Of course I read one of the 12 and it just so happens to be the best by a mile!

Rewind a few weeks back to a lazy bank holiday weekend; Chris and I were sitting on the sofa enjoying a cuppa and wondering if the rain would stay away long enough for us to tour the city. Ultimately, we decide to stay close to home just in case. Our walk started at the Marble Arch and ended at the Windsor Castle... the pub, that is. I took some time to snap a few pictures of the best parts....
A garden square along the walking tour... but not actually a part of the tour... pretty none the less! Unfortunately, like many of the best garden squares, this one is for key holders only...
Okay... Now is when things started to get... fun(ny)!
After posting the shorts, I felt it was only fair that I share this as well... Seriously, this gives a whole new meaning to the idea of butt cleavage. That crack goes all the way up to her shoulder blades! And now I am officially going to hell...
After walking for about 3 miles and seeing nothing of any great interest, we found ourselves at a cross road. Go right and go home. Or go left and to the Windsor Castle for a pint...
It is tough to see but the sign reads: "The Queen was amused to hear we're doing Thai food at The Windsor Castle." There was even a picture inside of the Queen behind the bar, pulling a pint!


The official meeting place of mustachioed men of London... no seriously... it really is! Do yourself a favor and check out the pictures of the members in the link above... they are truly entertaining! Kinda made me wish I could grow a good ole fashion handle myself!!!
Do you think this guy is part of the club?

I will definitely be returning to The Windsor Castle on the first Friday of the month to see the entire gang of Handlebar Clubbers! I think this is the true reason why the Queen has been to this pub... nothing at all to do with the name ;-)

Stay tuned because there is more to come!
Until next time... XOXO

No comments: