Monday, December 22, 2008

The Only Way to Shop

In preparation for our Christmas Eve feast, I went to the Whole Foods in Kensington this afternoon. We had been one other time before but just to have a look around. Much like in the States, Whole Foods is on the expensive side for everyday shopping. However, since it is Christmas I figured we could splurge. I walked through the park to the store, it was about a 15 minutes walk. Then I spent nearly 2 hours shopping. I had a painstakingly thorough list with all my ingredients and measures converted into grams. I had some trouble finding a few things but nothing that I couldn't work around. Now, I have said that I was going to adjust my shopping style to prevent having to carry everything home on foot. And this is something I will do...next time. Today I took advantage of the free home delivery! This is truly the only way to shop in a city like London. I finished my shopping, paid and gave them my address. The walk home through the park was brilliant and bagless! I may have to splurge more often ; )

No comments: