Sunday, December 14, 2008

Spitalfields and Sunday Up Markets

Sundays are the day to go to market in London. Chris got up for an early morning run and I had an early morning cup of coffee... once we had the necessities out of the way we headed across town to Spitalfields for some Christmas shopping. Unfortunately, we seem to have only bought for ourselves! After Spitalfields, we walked over to Brick Lane for some yummy Indian food and to check out the Sunday Up Market. We ended the day at the Columbia Road Flower Market. We arrived to the flower market just as they were closing up for the day so everything was pretty picked over. All for the better since we were a 30+ minute tube ride from home!
All in all it was a good day. It was not raining but the temperature dropped significantly around 2 pm. It is very difficult to deal with the weather here... not to mention that the sun sets so early! When we came out of the tube station I thought it was 9 or 10 pm... as it turns out it was 4:30! Oh, well... I am looking forward to summer days... in about 6 months!
Here are so pictures from todays travels... enjoy!


A coffee shop near Old Spitalfield Market

A guy playing Hendrix outside the Sunday Up Market

1 comment:

LKipphut said...

I want to be there too after reading your blog. I found some great antiques at Spitalfield's when I was there this fall...just didn't bring enough cash for all the goodies I found. I'll be better prepared next time!