Friday, December 12, 2008

Shopping to cook...

I went to the grocery store today... for the 1st time in about 2 weeks. It is clear that I have to start going more often. Chris called just after I got to the store and said he was on his way home. I had him come meet me at the store because only 5 minutes in the door and my basket was over flowing! By the time he arrived and saw what we would have to carry home via foot, he was ready to kill me. And I still had a quarter of the store to go! Opps...

Part of the problem is that I am trying to re-stock my pantry. Small things like spices, pasta, rice, canned goods and the like start to get heavy! I don't need it all at this moment but if I want to get back to cooking on a regular basis I need a full pantry. Add all of this to the standard milk, cereal, coffee, paper towels, etc and well, it is a lot to carry the 5 blocks from the store to the flat.

In the end, I think I made up for it with the southern style pork chops and dill green beans I made for dinner. By the time Chris finishes the chili I am making tomorrow, all should be forgotten... until the next trip ; )

No comments: