Friday, October 31, 2008

London Gators

Last night, Florida girl and Florida boy found a place to watch the Florida Gators whoop up on Georgia! Leave it to Chris to find a slow cookin' bar-b-q joint in the middle of London that was showing college football. We met some other x-pats who were Gator fans. It was fun to be around other Americans who shared our joy and excitement of Florida football. Chris and Jay (fellow x-apt and Gator) were yelling and dancing around the room... it was hilarious. I am sure the local Londoner's thought we had lost our minds... then again, I have seen them watch soccer/football and it is not much better!


As we bundled up in our coats and scarves to head home, Chris realized that he lost his umbrella. less than 3 full days since our arrival and Chris lost his umbrella! I am a little surprised it lasted as long as it did. We asked our waitress if she had seen it and she laughed! Apparently, umbrellas don't get turned in to lost and found very often!


Around 5:30 pm (London time), Chris left for the airport to catch his 9ish pm flight to Singapore! It was difficult to watch him go down into the tube station with his suitcase. I think this is the 1st time that I have felt genuinely scared! I can hardly believe that I am almost 5,000 miles from my nearest relative and Chris is leaving to go to the other side of the world! I walked Chris to the tube station and gave him a hug and a kiss... I felt this was the least I could do for him! Once back in the Apart'Hotel, I heard some loud booms outside. Come to find out, The City of London arranged fireworks to celebrate Chris's leaving so quickly! Just kidding, there were fireworks but I am pretty sure they were to celebrate Guy Fawkes Day. I snapped a few quick pics...






It is amazing who fireworks instantly cheer me up! I was sad and wanting to cry and then I was laughing and clapping like a little school girl. Yeah for fireworks!

No comments: