Saturday, October 4, 2008

Who Knew...

Gnomes love the beach! Gnoah and I spent our 1st day in Puerto Rico lounging on the beach and enjoying the local brew... I asked a few beach goers to snap a shot of us but they looked at me like I was crazy, drunk or a combination of the two! Apparently, Puerto Rican's do not appreciate the finer points of gnome friendships! I was able to get a great shot of Gnoah on his own lounge chair...

It was great having Gnoah there since Chris had to work the entire day. I felt very bad watching him put on a suit and tie as I tied up my bikini top! I snapped this pic and sent Chris a "thinking of you" text, just to let him know I was missing him!


Meanwhile, Gnoah was lovin' life as he held his flowers and soaked up the rays. After a while, he felt inclined to wiggle his toes in the sand and just couldn't wipe the smile off his face...


That is one happy gnome!


Chris and I spent day 2 exploring the old city. Gnoah was feelin' a little exhausted from is fun in the sun and stayed back at the hotel. Chris and I explored El Morro, the cemetery and sweated... a lot! There was a storm coming in and there were big black clouds in the sky. The clouds were a welcome relief from the blazing hot sun! Once the clouds blew away the temperature was nearly unbearable... All in all, it was a fun afternoon despite the heat!

This cemetery might have the best view of any cemetery in the world!


Chris was standing guard in the sentry house at the gate of El Morro. He said afterwards he is holding an imaginary stick... scary!


Parts of El Morro were under repair but none the less it is an amazing fort. Considering it was built in the 1500s, it has held up remarkably well! It was fun getting to learn about Puerto Rico's history but it was also nice to get back to the reason we were visiting...



the beach and the mojitos!


The rest of our trip consisted of beach, pool, and Don Q... Don Q being the local rum!

Chris and Gnoah were livin' it up on the beach. Chris was just happy to be enjoying Puerto Rico since the last few weeks he has been working from sun up til' sun down and wearing suit and ties! Gnoah started to let loose, too. I think he may have helped to run up the bar tab...
Puerto Rico was a great time. I would definitely return... especially, if Uncle Ernie was willing to foot the bill again!

No comments: