Thursday, November 6, 2008

One Week in London

Florida Girl has officially been in London for 1 full week! Sometimes I feel like I just stepped off the plane. While in a lot of ways it feels like it has been months! Looking back, I feel like I have accomplished quite a bit. I sent my hubby off to Singapore, put down a deposit on a flat, watched Florida kick Georgia's arse, met friends at The American Bar, did a mini job search and now... I am off for my first solo pint in the pub.

Now, I am not generally a solo drinker. However, I just spent almost 3 hours doing laundry... I guess I should qualify that by saying an hour was spent walking to and from the laundry mat that the desk clerk insisted was only a "short" walk up the street. 30 minutes may be short when your out for a leisurely stroll but when your hauling a weeks worth of laundry in a back back and a duffel bag it gets a little long! Once to the laundry mat, I realized I had no washing powder! So I had to book it up the street to the market (laundry in tow) to buy some... In the end, it was a successful trip as I now have clean pjs and Chris will come home to fresh undershirts and boxers!

With my wifely duties complete... I'm going to have a pint!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think that Europeans walk everywhere, so unless the place you are heading to is over an hour away... it's a "short" walk. The good news is that you can drink all the beer in the world because with all that walking, you'll never gain any weight! Lucky you!